6 things to do when you are alone (and bored)




I'm look outside and the sun is shining! It feels lovely after those cold and snowy days. When the weather's beautiful like this I feel obliged to go outside. Even if it's just to get some fresh air. But there are times when I don't know what to do with myself...




So here are 6 things you can do when you are alone (and bored)



    1. Go outside
    .  I think this is actually the best tip I can give you. I know when you are alone, going outside can be a bit of a challenge. At least for me it can be. Especially when you have no purpose. I can't just go outside for a walk. I need a destination, a goal. Maybe it's an errand you need to run or a birthday card that needs to be mailed. When the sun is greeting you outside your window, go out and say hello. Even if it's just for 15 minutes, the fresh air will do you well.


Photo: courtesey of Tessa Rondberg

2. Get creative. When you have a whole day ahead of you with no appointments there are so many options to choose from that it might be overwhelming. Creating, forces you to concentrate and ends meaningless pondering. 
I like to paint. I like big blank canvasses. I fill up a pallet with different colors and just start. Just dip your brush in the paint and let it glide over the canvas. Be intuitive and let your inner Picasso guide you along.





Photo: courtesy of sportsmedicone.about.com
3. Exercise. I'm not the most athletic person on the planet but I do try to get some exercise at least once a week. Going for a run on your own can seem impossible. So I like to text my running buddy and just schedule a place and time. Then it's set. You just need to put on your gear and run. And if your doing it right you can even chat along the way. 












4. Visit someone who's home alone. 
This is also a good option. Think about who of your friends or family has a day off or could use some company. I like to visit my cousin who is a stay at home mom. We often get creative together and I get to cuddle with my baby niece. 





photo: courtesey of blogs.babble.com






5. Bake. This is perhaps something you shouldn't do that often. But what I like about baking is that it gets you focused. Working with your hands can be so nice. Don't be afraid to get yourself or the kitchen dirty. Put your hands in the dough and knead or go crazy decorating cupcakes. Don't forget to put in some love. The lovely scents coming out of the oven will create instant happiness.





Courtesy of create.boomerang.nl
6. Listen to music. I have a special 'feel good' playlist. It contains a lot of songs from my youth. In my high school days I used to listen to R&B (since then my taste in music has evolved). I love to sing a long and do crazy dances. Who cares? There's no one around. 











Remember: do something that makes you feel good. Enjoy those special moments and have fun!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts