Book love: The song of ice and fire (Game of thrones)

Fantastic fantasy

A few years ago season 1 of Game of Thrones started broadcasting. My hubby and I love to watch tv series. And I am amazed by anything that has to do with knights and the middle ages. So we watched season 1 and it was very entertaining.
But I also love to read. So does my dad. That is one thing we have in common. When I was out of reading material he lend me the Song of ice and fire on which season 1 of Game of Thrones is inspired. I absolutely love it. The fantasy genre never seems to bore me. I must admit I also read the entire Harry Potter legacy. And I fell in love with the HP films after I read book 4: Order of the phoenix. Yes I started right in the middle. But that didn't matter cause I was hooked. 
And now I feel the same way about Game of Thrones. So I am wondering I  if should read book 2 and 3 of the Song of Ice and Fire. Or watch season 1 again. What do you think?
Here's a trailer of season 1 to get you in the mood.


Heroine

The song of ice and fire is written by George R.R. Martin. He created a world about the love, life and ambitions of the great houses of the Seven Kingdoms. The story in the first book is centered on the Starks, who reside in the north and the Lannister House of the south. 
Each chapter show you a perspective of a member of one of these houses. But also from my favorite characater in the book: Daenerys Targaryen.


Photo: courtesy of Hollywoodlife



























For me she is the true heroine of the first book. As one of the last descendants from her house she is forced to end her childhood abruptly and become a woman and . Her transitional journey is written beautifully. And I found myself enjoying her chapters the most.


Have you read the book or seen the show? Who's your favorite character?










1 comment:

  1. I thin you chose well. That's who I would've said. I haven't read the books but I watched the show and I was immediately drawn to her and her story. It's kind of the only reason I watch it.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts