Christmas has come and gone. And my maternity leave has begun. Now what?
I did some research online to figure out what other women are doing during their maternity leave. I came to the conclusion that there are two types of women: the group that has a million things to do and the group that doesn't know what to do with all that leisure time. I count myself to the second group.
I know I'm supposed to prepare for baby's arrival and get plenty of rest while I still can and enjoy my time being not a mommy yet. It is nice to not have to work and to be able to do things in my own pace though. To sleep in a little, although I think my body is preparing me for nightly feedings by waking me up in the middle of the night. Tonight I got up at 4 AM and settled myself on the couch with a fuzzy blanket and watched some Nat Geo. The kitties joined me on the couch as I dozed of, very sweet.
The hubs has a couple of days of next week and from then I'm on my own. I know this sounds a little dramatic but I've gotten to know myself quite well over the past few years. I came up with a few things which I can do daily or every other day to keep some structure in my week:
- blogging: I intend not to blog about baby and mommy things every single day and remind myself that there are other important and nice things to write about.
- dates: meeting up with a friend or relative sounds like a great plan now I'm still flexible with my time.
- cooking: I got this great cookbook from Nigella Lawson for Christmas. I definitely want to try out some recipes and stock up our freezer.
- getting some fresh air: due to some pain in the pelvis area I can't walk long distances. But my goal is to to go out each day. A walk to the post office box or to the drugstore to squeeze in just a little exercise.
- gaming: the hubs is all about live streaming now. There are a few video games I really enjoy like Skyrim and Rocksmith. A good activity for when it's raining and I don't have a date planned.
So there you have it. What were your favorite pastimes during your maternity leave? Please leave a comment below :-)
Today was a rough day. It was my stay at home day with Logan and I didn't feel good.
The gender gap is shrinking; we all want our sons to benefit from that. Women have really struggled to get every inch of headway they...
Yeah we are half way through the week. Let's hook up with some great bloggers on today's best Link ups!
I have been a mom for over two years now. Will there ever be a time when I don't feel tired? I'm really doing my best to keep m...
Please hop on over to MomMandy.com to read more articles about: Kids and Parenting Organizing and Cleaning Sustainability Work L...
February 19th, 3 AM I awake. I feel my belly cramping up. Pondering in the dark I ask myself if this could be the start of labour...