Maternity leave….go!


Christmas has come and gone. And my maternity leave has begun. Now what?
I did some research online to figure out what other women are doing during their maternity leave. I came to the conclusion that there are two types of women: the group that has a million things to do and the group that doesn't know what to do with all that leisure time. I count myself to the second group.

I know I'm supposed to prepare for baby's arrival and get plenty of rest while I still can and enjoy my time being not a mommy yet. It is nice to not have to work and to be able to do things in my own pace though. To sleep in a little, although I think my body is preparing me for nightly feedings by waking me up in the middle of the night. Tonight I got up at 4 AM and settled myself on the couch with a fuzzy blanket and watched some Nat Geo. The kitties joined me on the couch as I dozed of, very sweet.



The hubs has a couple of days of next week and from then I'm on my own. I know this sounds a little dramatic but I've gotten to know myself quite well over the past few years. I came up with a few things which I can do daily or every other day to keep some structure in my week:

- blogging: I intend not to blog about baby and mommy things every single day and remind myself that there are other important and nice things to write about.
- dates: meeting up with a friend or relative sounds like a great plan now I'm still flexible with my time.
- cooking: I got this great cookbook from Nigella Lawson for Christmas. I definitely want to try out some recipes and stock up our freezer.
- getting some fresh air: due to some pain in the pelvis area I can't walk long distances. But my goal is to to go out each day. A walk to the post office box or to the drugstore to squeeze in just a little exercise.
- gaming: the hubs is all about live streaming now. There are a few video games I really enjoy like Skyrim and Rocksmith. A good activity for when it's raining and I don't have a date planned.




So there you have it. What were your favorite pastimes during your maternity leave? Please leave a comment below :-)

1 comment:

Popular Posts