Bye bye Holidays, Hello January



The Holidays are over. A brand new year has begun.
I thought maternity leave would be kinda hard for someone like me who gets bored easily. But I must admit I'm adjusting just fine to my new freedom. I can feel my body relaxing and the chaos that's usually in my head subduing. I can even sit on the couch and do nothing for a couple of minutes.

I had some goals set for myself to keep a little bit of structure in my days. One of them was going outside. But honestly I don't even feel like going outside unless I have to. Being at home works fine for me at the moment. And if I don't feel like doing it, why bother?


I do have some dates with friends and relatives set up to keep in touch and be sociable.
Today I went over to my niece and her little girl to help clear away the Christmas tree, bulbs and lights.
We had some tea and talked about pregnancy and labour. It's nice to be able to talk to someone who's experienced it all before. I didn't stay very long because after the Christmas clean up I was tired. I felt like taking a nap so I did, and that's awesome!


Tomorrow I'm having lunch with two friends at my hometown. I'm planning to go by bike because it's just 10 minutes from  home. I'll see how that goes. I'll be getting some exercise and fresh air nonetheless. I should really cherish these baby free days I guess. Going where I want to whenever I want to. I just find it annoying that we don't know when baby is coming. It could be in 3 weeks or another 1,5 month, who knows. I just have to be patient I guess.

What did you do before baby arrived?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts