Happy, thank you, more please

I'm still working hard to focus on the meaningful little things in my life. To stay positive and live mindful. It's not easy. So today I want to share the things I'm thankful for with you.
According to some research I did, films I've seen and stories I've read; being thankful is one of the best ways to let love and positivity in your life.
I don't want to take my life for granted but be happy with what I have.



My husband surprised me with my favorite flowers. We've been together for five years now but it's so nice to feel appriciated through this little act of love.



I'm thankful for the food on our table. Some months it's harder to come by then others but I know there are people who are in a less fortunate position then we are.




A friend of mine gave me this glass container for my birthday. Happiness is a state of mind which you can control. I do have my days when everything is dark and hopeless but I know I have the power to change the way I think and that I can choose to see the light at the end of the tunnel.




When I get home from work, seeing a postcard on my doormat still makes me smile. A little gesture from someone I know or don't know (through Postcrossing) can really brighten up my day.




I'm thankful for our cats: Nova and Sprite. I never thought I could care so much about animals but these two little fluffy ones are part of the family. When I'm sad Nova always sits on my lap to cuddle. And Sprite can take my mind of things when I play catch the kibble with her.




And last for todays thankfulness: I really appreciate the fact that I live in a country and culture where I am free to speak my mind or express myself. Where, as a woman, I can achieve everything I want If I set my mind to it and live equal to men.


Some things are little, some are bigger but either way I am happy and thankful for these gifts and open myself up for more happiness to come.


Please share below what you are thankful for today.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post... so important to be mindful and thankful, and I love the things you highlighted. :) I'm going to have to check out postcrossing!

    If you felt like it, I'd love to have you come link up at the Friday Frivolity blog party I help host... it's live now! It's the link-up for all things fun, funny, happy & hopeful. :)

    Found you via the Awesome Life blog party...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'd love to link up at your Friday Frivolty party! I'll check it out next week.

      Delete

Popular Posts