Toddler


Monday's are my stay at home day with Logan. We usually go out twice a day. Once in the morning to run an errand. And once in the afternoon to walk around the neighborhood, visit the petting zoo or go to a playground. But this morning it was raining and it was pouring.


I decided to get out the paint and paintbrushes and let my son channel his inner Picasso.
I always make sure I've got these things on hand:


  • an old tablecloth to protect the table
  • big sheets of drawing paper
  • an apron
  • paintbrushes
  • paint in a few different colors
  • baby wipes


I don't use a paint palette. I squeeze some paint right on to the paper and let my toddler use the paintbrushes to smear it out. We used smaller and broader paint brushes to see the different effects. My son dropped his brush on to the floor a couple of times. We have a wooden floor so it's easy to wipe up the paint when it's still wet.

The end result!

After about 10 to 15 minutes my son says: "Done". We wipe down his hands (and his face as well) and take of the apron.

There was one thing I didn't think about though: making sure the cat wasn't around!
I found little green paw prints on my chair and table. I guess the cat likes painting too ;-)


What are your favorite activities to do with your toddler on a rainy day?




6 comments:

  1. To cute!! It is also a nice idea to put the drawings into a frame so you have a little piece of art on his room. I had toddler paintings from my father in my room, when I grew up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gwen, that's a great idea!
      I'll make sure to pick up some frames next time I'm at Ikea.

      Delete
  2. My little girl would LOVE to do this! Thanks for linking up to Meetup Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine, thanks for dropping by. Till next monday!

      Delete
  3. This is so cute! I love painting with my 2 year old as well, though she ends up making most of the canvas a grey smear since she loves to just keep swirling and swirling her brush :P Rainy days are also great days to bake some warm cookies with your toddler: they love mixing and stirring and putting sprinkles on the cookies and at the end of it they get cookies! It's a win-win situation as far as they are concerned!
    #ManicMondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi N. I haven't dared to try baking with my toddler. I'm sure it will be a mess! But maybe I'll give it a go next weekend if it's rainy again.
      Cheers!

      Delete

Popular Posts