Toddler


My 2 year old has stopped eating vegetables since a few weeks. He does try to eat them but when he tastes what's in his mouth it comes right out. I haven't been making a fuss about it because I don't want to make things worse. But I do want my child to eat his vegetables.
My aunt had given me an old children's cookbook from when her children were young. I found a recipe for vegetable soup in it. So I gave it a try.



Here's what you need:


- 2 leeks
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 tablets of beef stock
- 1 liter of water
- 1 clove of garlic
- sour cream
- a pound of carrots
- butter

Chop op the onions, leeks and carrots. Put a big pan on the stove and melt a chunk of butter. Stir the veggies till they're soft. Add a liter of water along with the the stock tablets. Add the potatoes and let come to a boil. Turn down the heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes.

Turn of the heat and take the pan of the burner. Add a big dollop of sour cream and whizz the soup in the blender till it's nice and smooth.

I was so happy my son ate it and even asked for more!

I hope your kid does as well :-)


Have a lovely day.


Want to stay in touch?
Connect with me on Twitter @MsJadechathttps://twitter.com/MsJadechat

7 comments:

  1. This sounds great, I'll have to see if I can get my picky kiddos to like it :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, thanks for stopping bye. I hope your kids love it as much as my toddler did :-)

      Delete
  2. Sounds great! Thanks for sharing! #SmallVictories

    ReplyDelete
  3. BB went through a phase like this and I just ignored it! She started eating them again eventually...great recipe! #picknmix

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son decided to stop eating veggies - I really should try this recipe. Thanks! #FridayFunday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm lucky that mine all eat veg (fingers crossed) They all like soup though and this looks nice. Thanks for linking to #PickNMix
    Eilidh x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to give this a try too! My son is just not having vegetables right now either. He's entered the picky 2-year-old phase and has declared himself on a Mac & cheese, chicken nugget and pizza diet. Hopefully, something different, like a nice, flavorful vegetable soup will be just the thing! Thanks for sharing with us at the Friday Funday blog hop! #FFBH

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts