How to organize your kids' closet



My toddler's closet is a mess! And I can't really blame him. I find it hard to find the things I need for my little man in this mess. So time for a good purge and organizing session.



I started with the top shelve and worked my way down.
On the top shelve I store:
- socks
- underwear
- t-shirts
-long sleeves
- belts


I took everything from the top and dumped the heap on the changing table. I matched up socks and sorted t-shirts and long sleeves together. I also took out socks and shirts that are to small. I have a spot under the changing table reserved for those items. When it's full I transfer the pile of out grown clothes in to a box to give it to a cousin or friend who has a little boy.



On to the middle shelve.
On this shelve there's room for:
- jeans
- sweat pants
- sweaters
- hoodies
As you can see I was running low on pants. Which makes sense because I'm a bit behind on our laundry. Sorting out my son's closet gives me a good sense of what items are missing from his wardrobe.
My little one loves to wear sweatpants so I really want to buy an extra pair of those.



Gosh, have a look at this jumble on the bottom shelve!
Here, I store:
- pyjama's
- blankets
- sheets
-kid towels
I see all my son's pyjama's are in the hamper as well. Time to put a load in the washer!

Organizing a small closet only takes about 10 minutes. Make sure you have a designated spot in your kids room where you can put outgrown clothes so they don't take up space in the closet.

My organizing needs for today are fulfilled. How about yours?





7 comments:

  1. You know what I love about this post? You didn't make a big deal out of expensive containers or books advising you how to do it. The truth about organizing is that you just have to purge, clean, and create a working spot. You did that!

    Thank you so much for joining Thoughts of Home on Thursday. We love having you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever system. Thank you ever so much for linking up at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. Your presence adds such a ray of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, thanks for stopping by. See you next week!

      Delete
  3. I need to go through my son's clothes again. We have 4 bins - underwear and pajamas; shirts; pants; and uniform clothes for school. They system works well but it does need another edit. We have far too many pants and shirts due to generous family members who give us their hand me downs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela, I'm always happy to receive hand me downs as well. But I do love to keep on top of a curated wardrobe!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing at Let's Get Real Friday Party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea, as not only do you get organised but you realise how little clothes your little one has! This has happened to me loads when she has grown out of stuff! Hope it keeps tidy for a while xx Thanks for sharing with #bestandworst xx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts