Tired mommy



I have been a mom for over two years now. Will there ever be a time when I don't feel tired?
I'm really doing my best to keep myself balanced but it's hard.
I love my son so much but being with him on my SAHM day uses even more of my energy than a day at work.


I'm happy that I'm co-providing for our family. But sometimes I think about how awesome it would be if I could only work 3 days instead of 4. More balance between work and care. More time for me.
I'm trying to figure out if it's possible. Are there ways to save more money or can I make extra cash with a side job?

But on the other hand, Logan will be in school in two years. Can I manage to keep up this pace for another two years? I don't know.

I've been blogging on a regular base since december now and most of my free time goes into writing and trying to get other people to read my articles. It helps me to put my energy in something I love. And it's nice to see people appreciating what I do.

But I really need to do something about this dreaded tiredness.


How can I spend my time more efficiently? How can I feel more energized?


These two questions have been on my mind for a while.

I believe there is always room for change. Even little changes can make a big difference.

But what can I change?

This sounds like a very good personal goal for March.



After a day at work I really don't want to do much in the evening. I though about starting to work out again. But as I think of it, it sounds awful. But I need to get out of this routine because it's going the wrong way. What can I do for myself in the evenings after work when my son has gone to bed?

Technically I have from 7 PM till 10 PM to spend however I please. That's 2hrs and 45 minutes.
I wake up every morning at 6 AM so going to bed at 10 PM should be early enough.
What makes me happy? What gives me energy? I can't remember so well.

I really need to work out. I know that really helps me to feel better. Perhaps I could try getting to work by bike once a week? That would be a great goal.

Tuesday would be a good day to do that. Why not? I could try at least.

Tuesdays' goal: Go to work by bike (I estimate it will take me 45 minutes to get from home to work) Update: I did it! I was so proud of myself :-) And it even didn't took me that long to get to work, only 25 minutes. I'll have another go at it next tuesday.


Wednesday sounds like a great day to do an at home Spa night. You know after working out the previous day I deserve a little relaxation ;-) Giving myself a facial, taking a long bubble bath with my favorite bath oil. Connect with my body by applying lavender scented bodylotion. Yes, spa night it is!

Wednesdays' goal: Pamper myself with an at home Spa night Update: I didn't feel like doing a complete Spa routine. So instead I just soaked in the tub with my favorite bath oil while reading the latest edition of Flow magazine. Hooray for me-time!


I always used to be really creative. I enjoyed painting and making my own greeting cards. I think it's good if I'd take more time to work with me hands and create. Thursday will be my creative night.

Thursdays' goal: Create one or two greeting cards Update: I had to work the evening shift at work. In the morning I caught up with housework before I went in to the office. In the evening I was so tired I went straight to bed.


I've sensed that I'm a bit out of touch with my body. I feel like I need to reconnect. The best way for me to do that is by doing yoga, do breathing exercises or meditate. I think a relaxing guided meditation will do the trick.

Fridays' goal: Listen to a guided meditation to reconnect with myself update: I think I fell asleep on the couch this friday. And that's ok, if I'm tired, I'm tired. I'll just pass this goal to next week's goal list.


On saturday I have a date with my Bestie! I haven't seen her in ages. She went on holiday to San Francisco a couple of weeks ago so we have some serious catching up to do. We're having a high tea in the city where I live. Meeting up with a good friend is something that can give me energy. Connecting with someone you love and care about is so important. So saturdays' goal is all set.

Saturdays' goal: Catch up with my Bestie with a High Tea! I was really happy to see my bestie again. We had some catching up to do because we hadn't seen each other in months. The high tea was lovely. There were so many tasty snacks that we couldn't eat it all.


Sunday is a day I like to spend with my family. And we've got a nice little outing planned. My neighbor surprised me with a free ticket for a Fairy Tale theme park. Children under 3 don't have to get a ticket so I only need to buy one extra ticket. This makes going to a theme park affordable. I'm really looking forward to spending quality time with my family.


Sundays' goal: Quality Family time at a local Fairy Tale theme park It was such a great day to spend with my two men. Read it all here

Setting goals for myself helps me to get a grip of my life. It gives structure to my week and gives purpose to my days.


How are you guys handling it all?


10 comments:

  1. I feel constantly overwhelmed juggling everything and like I'm struggling to keep my head above water - I keep telling myself it will be different when they're both at school and the preschool years are the hardest! #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Crummy Mummy. Thanks for sharing. It's encouraging to know there are other mommy's out there who are experiencing the same thing.

      Delete
  2. I often wonder the same thing! I'm exhausted when I get home and can barely stay awake past 10pm! zzzzz! Thanks for linking up #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen, thanks for dropping by. Happy to read I'm not the only one feeling so tired!

      Delete
  3. I have to tell you I'm retired and I'm still tired. Now I'm substitute teaching, volunteer leader for online Bible studies and watch 2 grandsons a couple of days a week and blog. I'm pooped. Don't think it ever quits for us overachievers and the boys spent the night and both in bed with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deborah, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I think your grandsons are very lucky with such a busy and loving nana!

      Delete
  4. Maybe you can also fit in a yoga class in the evenings. That takes an hour and is also a good way to connect with yourself and your body. I can relate to everything you said. I am strictly a SAHM to a 2.5-year-old and I find it extremely difficult to find time for myself. Sometimes I just don't have the energy to put into trying to find time for myself. Sad isn't it?! It feels as if I've been tired ever since finding out I was pregnant. Lack of sleep I know has a lot to do with it, but even when I do get to sleep (those blissful few days), I'm still tired. I'm hoping it will eventually stop...maybe when the kids are grown, LOL!

    Thanks for sharing with us at the Friday Funday Blog Hop! #FFBH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lissette, it's so nice to hear from mom's who are feeling the same way. Yoga is definitely something I want to pick up again. I just have to find a class in my neighborhood so I won't be bothered with having to travel back to the city again.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Great to read your experiences. I do 3 days a week at my job so feel I get plenty of quality time with my daughter but feel like my career had stalled and that I never quite very enough done at home because I'm exhausted on work days and have no free time on the days my daughter is with me. I'm trying to train myself to do less actually and to just sometimes sit on the sofa without worrying about everything else!

    Great to see you managed to do some things for your own health and well being though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a working mom, I can definitely relate. Juggling a 5 day work week with 2 children really takes a toll out of me. I try not to let the stress get to me when things start to pile up. A full day at the spa has been a great way for me to just reset all the accumulated stress.

    Leena Wolf @ H2O Spas

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts