What to sow in March



Finally, the first sunny days are here! Yesterday I started to prep my garden for this years' sowing and growing season.
I took stock of all the seeds in my collection and made a list of what to sow when. I also made a list of supplies I want to get when my next paycheck comes in.


Working in the garden is a real stress reliever for me. It helps me to reconnect with the earth and my body. Normally I'm an impatient person but gardening helps me slow down.

This year I want to have 9 pots/bins for growing produce, flowers and herbs. I have 4 pots and 1 barrel (for potatoes) already so I want to stock up on 5 more.
I also need two bags of good quality soils to get me going.





Are you curious what you can sow in March?


Produce:

- radishes - these did wonderful last year so I'm planting them again
- rocket - an easy starter crop which keeps growing after plucking

Herbs:

- chives - these did great as well last year so in they go again!
- chamomile
- parsley
- oregano
- celery



I think it's good to sow seeds which were a succes the year before and try out some new seeds as well.

I can't wait to get started!









12 comments:

  1. You are a girl after my own heart, I love spring and I love to plant new flowers and seeds. But I am a little behind.
    Happy Spring!

    Thank you for sharing on the #OMHGWW this week.
    Have a great week and Happy St Patrick's Day!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really useful - I want to start growing more this year but wasn't sure to start. At the moment we only have some herbs and strawberries #familyfunlinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely photos. I got back into the garden yesterday. I got all enthused and now want to go buy plants and things at the weekend!! #familyfunlinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that I am in danger of sounding really stupid but I didn't realise you could successfully grow produce in pots. You have inspired me and I am going to look into sowing some herbs. As a child I remember growing tomatoes with my grandad and I'd love my boys to grow something we could eat. TY for linking up with #FamilyFun 🌸

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! My kiddos want to do this this year. I thought it might be a bit cold for us, but we should give it a try...Thanks for sharing on my weekly blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wish I liked this kind of thing because my kids would probably love it but sadly I don't like anything to do with gardening at all. I did try planting some seeds for them.once last year and I'm not sure what I did wrong but they didn't even grow so that was the end of that.

    #effitfriday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great plan! It's definitely a good idea to keep with what's worked before, but I also find I'm determined to make my tomatoes better each year, and actually grow some decent peppers as we go through so many each year! #thelist

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought some sowing pots this week along with some seeds for tomatoes, chilis and coriander. I haven't grown veg from scratch before so I'm really looking forward to it this year! Hopefully they'll grow! #TheList

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful plants! I hope your garden is wonderful this spring. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Together on Tuesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am looking forward to starting my garden up again this Spring! Thanks for the tips on what I can sow now, and thanks for linking up with Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very useful post, I need to plant some herbs and veggies, thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts